ADMET’s reliable and easy to use materials testing systems are employed by the adhesive industry to test the peel strength, bonding, and shear properties of adhesives. Our adhesive testing machines have many features specifically designed to simplify testing. For example, our testers automatically average peel strength loads over a specified distance and will report adhesive strength per unit width of adhesive.
All adhesive testing systems feature constant-rate-of-extension (CRE) and constant-rate-of-load (CRL) control which allows you to perform a wide variety of adhesive tests with only one testing machine. ADMET’s adhesive testing machines will perform your adhesive tests according to ASTM or ISO standards. We also offer a large selection of grips and fixtures specifically designed for peel and shear strength tests.
- ADMET offers machine packages for Plastics, Adhesives, and Foam testing
- The Customer Experience: What to Expect from ADMET
- To Determine the Peel Strength of Medical Tape, ADMET Recommends eXpert 7601 Adhesive Testing System
- Self-repairing Coating may be Next Avenue for Metals and Construction Markets
- ADMET Introduces the New 5900 Series Fatigue Testing Systems
- ADMET will be Exhibiting at the 2013 Adhesion Society Annual Meeting
- ADMET releases eXpert 7601 for Adhesive and Peel Testing
- MIT Researchers Working to Develop Biomimetic Medical Adhesive
- Silicone Medical Tape- Easy On- Easy Off
- Removing Medical Tape from Skin- What is the adhesive strength?
ASTM D3759 – Tensile Strength and Elongation of Pressure-Sensitive Tapes
ASTM D2918 – Durability Assessment of Adhesive Joints Stressed in Peel
ASTM D3163 – Strength of Adhesively Bonded Rigid Plastic Lap-Shear Joints in Shear
ASTM D3164 – Adhesively Bonded Plastic Lap-Shear Sandwich Joints in Shear
ASTM D3165 – Adhesives in Shear by Tension Loading of Single-Lap-Joint Laminated Assemblies
ASTM D6252 – Peel Adhesion of Pressure-Sensitive Label Stocks at a 90° Angle
ASTM D6862 – 90 Degree Peel Resistance of Adhesives